Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cook 'Em!

Before I really explain what the title means, let me first start saying we have an almost 19 month old in the house who is talking up a storm. She clearly amazes us everyday with that she says and comes up with. I remember doing her 18month milestones and putting her vocabulary at about 20 words. Well, I couldn't even begin to count the words she says and repeats often these days. It's all happened so fast. Now, for the "cook 'em" explaination... We've tried to be diligent on teaching Ryane basic manners. It was FOREVER before she would say "Peeze", now it comes often and she really expects to get what she wants when she says it. Then, came teaching her "thank you". It was awhile before she'd actually say it, it usually was a nod and a smile, but it eventually came. Now, we say "Say Thank you" and out comes "Cook 'Em" (welcome!). Now, we are having to reverse to make sure SHE is the one says 'Thank you', while the other is saying 'You're Welcome'. A couple nights ago she did something I asked so I said "Thank You" and clearly came "You're Welcome" back from her. Have I mentioned how my daughter is so great?! :)

0 comments: