Thursday, February 19, 2009

Story Time

Today has been a great mommy day. You know, some days you feel like you were a good mom, some days probably not the best mom you could have been, some days you feel like the worst mom, and some days you just feel like super mom. Today, I felt like a great mom. Now that I have all this extra time to do with things with my kids since being laid off, my sister emailed me our library's childrens story times. So, I got the kids packed up and headed to the Emporia Public Library. I felt pretty intimidated as I had never been in the kids section of it....actually, it was probably only my 3rd or 4th time EVER being in the library at all.

We arrived and the toddler story time was so much fun. We sang, we danced, we listened to a book being read. It was fun for me just to watch Ryane having so much fun. I thought we'd go and Ryane would be shy and cling to me. She was quite the opposite and was really into the stories and books and answering questions and everything. She is such a big girl. After the organized story, we hung out and read a few books together, then she was off on her own to go play so I made a new mommy friend - ha! I was amazed at all the toys for the kids there. Grady was even scooting and rolling off on his own finding new toys. Finally, I thought we had been there long enough so we gathered up some books and movies for home. I signed up for a library card and was told we had to put 1/2 of them back. I guess we are on probation for the first 3 months and limited to only 5 items at once. Ooops! I'm sure that is enough as we plan on going back next week.

So, if any of you moms out there have a Thursday morning available, join us at the library.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great time! I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy! I know Ryane loves her books! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Seresa??? In a library??? With real books??? Just kidding. Story time is awesome. Cody used to go when he stayed with my sis-in-law and he and I go together in the summer. He loves it and I'm glad your kiddos do too!

Howe Family said...

You are so right on track Beth! :) I really felt out of my element in a library. ha!