Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Day at home with Ryane

Ryane returns to day care tomorrow after being home for 9 weeks. We are giving her two days to get readjusted to day care and their schedule before taking Grady there on Monday. Yes, my maternity leave is coming to an end. *sniff sniff*

I feel kinda sad knowing this is my last day at home with Ryane. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend the last 8 weeks at home with her and I know a lot of working moms don't get that opportunity. So, since it was our last day I wanted to get out and about and do something with Ryane while I had the chance. It is hard getting out with both kids, but I put those thoughts out of my mind and loaded them up. Off to the zoo we went and it was so nice there. Ryane loved all the animals as they were all pretty active.

I pulled Ryane away from the zoo and off to Wal-Mart we went as there was a couple items I needed. Well, we are looking for the first thing and Ryane has to potty. Fabulous! We rush to the bathroom and I unload Ryane from the cart and get Grady and his seat out and hoping we made it in time--yes, we did, yeahhh! We gathered up our items from Wal-Mart and time to check out as Ryane is starting to melt-down. This is where our fun began. I'm unloading the cart and Grady starts crying CRYING! I can hear the usually "oooo's" and "awwww's" as I'm shoving a pacificer in his mouth. That doesn't work so I pick him up. I try to pay for some things with a gift card and my cashier is new-ugh. She doesn't know how to do it, so we have to wait for a trainer to come as I'm standing there with a crying baby and a 1 year old having a melt-down that keeps saying "bye-bye". I get checked out and ask where the gift card is that I was trying to buy? Well, the cashier doesn't know, so I put down a screaming Grady to try to find it. His screams get louder and I can feel the stares coming on and the temperature rose about 10 degrees in Wal-Mart. All I can do is look at the guy behind me and apologize for everything taking so long. He says it's fine, but I know that look, he wishes he went to a different line! ha! Oh, and I'd also like to apologize to the person I about cut-off on my drive home as I was distracted by a very mad Grady in the back seat exercising his lungs. :)

Oh, the joy of having 2 under 2!! As stressful as it was today and is most days, I am going to miss Ryane tomorrow as she goes off to play with her friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know why I never go to Walmart without Scott. :) I hope Ryane has fun with the other kids tommorrow!

Anonymous said...

I know it won't help, but it doesn't get any better the older they get--then they start telling you they want everything and throw things in the car when your not looking.

Hamman Family said...

I felt so bad for you reading that! Oh how I love my 7:00am Sat morning shopping trips by myself, everything stocked, and hardly anyone there yet!! :)