Monday, August 4, 2008

Nap Time

While I am still home on maternity leave, it is always a small victory for me when I can get both kids napping at the same time. Well, today "should" be one of those days and everything looked good......until Ryane does her thing! :) She is so cute, but can also be such a stinker at times. I thought I'd share some of our nap time today. I put her down for a nap after she is delibertly doing things that I tell her not to--like hitting her brother. After a minute in the naughty spot, she is right back to being not so nice to him. So, off to naptime for her. Over 30 minutes later, I can hear some banging in her room and talking...off to check it out. This is what I find. What is it? Those are all her letters to her name that were hanging on her wall. She'd taken them all off and untied all the ribbons too. BUT, when I walked in she was laying down on her pillow like she hadn't done anything wrong and heard me coming. She did say "uh oh" and asked me to put them back up. I quickly tell her no and to take a nap and leave the room. I'm gone no longer than a minute and can hear her talking away, so I go back to take video. :O) Notice NO name hanging on her wall anymore.
Alright, now I got the situation under control. Ryane is off to sleep, right?! I take like 3 steps out of her room and she is chatty again, so turn around with the camera...
Ryane definitely keeps us on our toes and tests our parenting will every now and then. Grady can be some work as well. Today, I actually got him to fall asleep in his bouncy seat. He rarely, rarely, rarely falls asleep without us holding him or being in his car seat in the car.

3 comments:

Hamman Family said...

Oh I love that you get to experience this!! Cracking me up on Ryane's face when she realized you caught her and than the biggest sweet smile!! She covered her eyes w/her hands... Doesn't that count as sleeping? LOL So Fun when its someone elses child & my niece couldn't be anymore funny & cute!

Hamman Family said...

I can't believe how much it looks like Grady has grown! I need to see & hold him!! Such a handsome little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Now that's funny stuff. I'm always amazed how inventive they are when it comes to avoiding naptime. Your kiddos are so cute!