Monday, September 22, 2008

Anything for Ryane!!

Being at home with Ryane for the summer gave me a good sense of what she liked to watch on TV, which wasn't much. She did ask for Elmo often. She never really called it Sesame Street, but rather "Elmo" or "Monster" (cookie monster). Matthew and I figured a Sesame Street birthday party would be fun and Ryane would enjoy it.
As I was frosting the cake, Ryane was beside me on her step-ladder watching and asking "What's That?", "What's That?", "What's That?" pointing to all the icing, cake, and everything else around. I answered her other questions but didn't tell her what the cake was. She was guessing it was a hamburger and I just kept frosting away. I had the mouth, eyes, and nose done and started with the red and I hear "ELMO!". All my work was worth it to hear the excitement in her voice.

Last week, we were pretty busy preparing for the party. I was so focused on Ryane's cake and scheduling it with the whole baking it one night, then decorating and such, that I didn't give much thought to anything else. I then realized Ryane needed a themed shirt to wear, so a-shoppin' we went. Couldn't find anything in the store. After looking online I was faced with the fact that it was too late to get a shirt on time without paying like $15 in shipping (ummm, no thanks!) So, I saw the design online and thought "Well, I can do that!" So, I bought the shirt and fabric paint and Viola!, Ryane got her "Monster" shirt. She's always done a good impression of Cookie Monster--as she is doing it in the last picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You MADE that shirt? Wow...perfect blue. My shopping trips never go like that. But then again, I don't live in the big metropolis that you do. ;)

Lovin' Life said...

You are so talented. I would never have attempted an Elmo cake. You did great. I love the shirt as well. I bet she had a great time at her party, at two they start to get into the whole gift thing a little. Thanks for sharing.