Monday, September 29, 2008

2 Year Old in the House!!

I'm not sure if I should say Yipppeee! or Yikes! about having a 2 year old in the house?! Ryane is officially 2 today -- Happy Birthday to my little girl!

Let's see, where do I start to catch you up on the little toddler?? Here's my total brag blog on Ryane... Ryane has recently started singing/practicing the ABC's on her own without us prompting her to. It usually comes out "A B Q S W X Y Z, now I know my A B....yeahhh." (see video below) She is also counting a lot more as well. She and I really worked on counting this summer and she just wasn't as interested in it as I was. But, something has now clicked in her head and if she is on a roll, she can count to 5. However, it commonly comes out "1 2 2 4 5 7...yeahhhhh!" or "3 4 5 7 9 10" Not sure if I've blogged about it before, but Ryane adores the #7, so she always makes sure to include it. Ryane is potty-trained and I've very proud of her for that. Her language skills improve every week. She is speaking more clearly each day and is putting 3-4 word sentences together. We hear "I'll do it" a lot. She is also loving all her ba-gillion books. She is always (and I mean always) asking us to "read it, read it". Just last night she was starting to ask me to count things as well.

Now, I will say Ryane is a 2 year old -- meaning, she can really toss in a good ol' let-me-cry-and-throw-myself-on-the-floor-to-make-mommy-feel-bad tantrum. Ohhh, good times!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ryane!! I cannot believe that she is 2 already. It doesn't seem possible.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ryane!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a big girl she is! Thank you for sharing your life with us on this blog. Happy Birthday, Ryane!

Hamman Family said...

Cutest video to see & listen to!! Happy 2nd Birthday to Ryane!