Monday, October 1, 2007

Anything for Ryane

Move over Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray--there's a new cake decorator in town! OK, probably not, but it was fun to give it my best shot. Growing up my mom always made our kids' birthday cakes and decorated them all up. I have fond memories of my cakes, so I wanted to carry on the tradition with Ryane. After some quick searching online, I found two safari-themed cakes that I knew I had to try to make. The monkey head was actually found on Martha Stewart's website and the Lion on some other. They looked easy enough to make. Overall, I enjoyed making them for her and it's definitely a tradition that I'm going to continue. Next year she just might have a balloon themed party--sounds like an easy cake to me!


1 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Cakes are very impressive :)

Love seeing all the pictures of your little girl and hearing what she has been up to.