Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Don't leave her alone

Being a mother of two alone at home really makes me have to juggle my time and attention for both kids during the day. Thankfully, Grady is pretty easy going as I'm constantly having to put him down or leave him lay there for a bit while I attend to Ryane or play with her.

Today, I was trying to get Ryane to change out of her PJ's and go potty as we (Ryane, Grady, and myself) were going to attempt to leave the house for the first time to go see Matthew at work. Well, Ryane was being stubborn in the bathroom, so I left her to do her thing while I changed Grady's diaper. What harm could she do in the bathroom, right?? Well, I get Grady changed and go check on her. She is all nakey, setting on her potty, splashing in something on the floor. At first glance it looked like a bunch of water covering the floor, but after looking at the empty bottle of baby oil laying there and looking at Ryane's freshly oiled up body, I was in fear of the clean-up. I rush back to put Grady down in his crib, grab a towel out of the linen closet, and head back to the bathroom...for a fun time of course! After 50 no, no, no's and stops from me, Ryane "tries" to stand up and is continuously slipping towards me. I make it close enough to grap her and start wiping her off. Oh, just so you know--a full bottle of baby oil can easily about a 9ft. square area!!

What have I learned? I can't leave Ryane alone as she'll find something that I didn't really even know existed in the room. She'll find something to entertain herself I guess. I think I got the floor cleaned up, but now I have a bath rug that has been washed and still has baby oil in it. Anyone know how to get it clean??

0 comments: