Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grady - 1 wk Dr. Appt

We took Grady to the Doctor for his 1 week appointment to have his jaundice checked out and to make sure he was growing adequately. Both checked out perfect! Dr. Schmid said his jaundice was gone and that he looked good. As for his weight, I was anxious to see if he was back to his birth weight (8lb. 1.9oz) or somewhere close to there. Well, the nurse weighed him and I had to laugh...the boy has put on some weight! He weighed 8lb. 13oz. Healthy eater I suppose! He also measured 20 3/4 inches, up from 20 inches at birth. While I am thrilled he is healthy, I hope this rate of weight gain starts to slow down or we are going to have one heavy boy to lug around in no time.

I just haven't been too motivated to get my photo studio set back up after taking it down to make a guest bedroom out of the basement for visitors for when he was born. But, I did manage to have a mini-photo shoot with Grady when he was 5 days old in the dining room. I was working on getting some pictures for his birth announcement. I will have to have a few more sessions with him while big sister naps to make up my mind on the final announcement pics.

0 comments: